Tuesday, November 21, 2006

cookable.com



"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Ploy Srisuro. Tonight I'd like to present a project that I hope would make my mother proud...."

I just finished presenting my thesis last Tuesday. After had been in hell for couple weeks, now I am back and can feel life again. I am not sure what I’ve learned from writing my paper. However it might be a good idea if I listed some of my questions asked by panel. For example, how big is the market that I wanted to share, how does my organizational structure work, how did I come up with $1M, how’d I know if the users submit a ‘fake’ recipe, importantly, how’d I advertise my site and get traffic. They were all practical questions. I don’t know what the right answers are; however, I did answer them all.

Surely, writing a business plan is more like a pain. You have to think of everything associated with your idea; your staff, your office, rent, equipment, depreciation expenses, revenues, expenses, oh not to mention calculating the financial statements. No wonder why I felt like I was in hell. As your business grows (supposedly), you still have to think of what need to be added, deducted and maintain. I don’t think that I’ll be an entrepreneur in this life. However, Linda, one of my classmates, came to me and said 'Ploy, your mom'd be proud of you!'

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for being done with the business plans! I think you did excellent, considering you got some hard questions.

--Sabrina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home