Saturday, November 25, 2006

De-Lovely


My life after the business plan is wonderful; went out with FOF girls, went to Uncle Sanit's B-day party, Brian's going away party at Snafu, pre-Thanksgiving party at Jersey house and Thanksgiving party at Barbuto. Thanksgiving party might be a littble crazy, however, it was great to be invited in this American cultural thing.

Last night I was watching the movie called De-Lovely. It's about the life of American composer Cole Porter. I don't understand how and why a straight girl can fall in love with a gay guy and being very supportive to him after breaking her heart. All the songs are well-written and sung by lots of musical performers; Diana Krall, Robbie Williams, Elvis Costello, Alanis Morissette, Sheryl Crow... didn't know this untill looking at the credit at the end of movie. Natalie Cole sang "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye"

Everytime we say goodbye I die a little
Everytim we say goodbye I wonder why a little
Why the gods above me who must be in the know
Think so little of me, they allow you to go

And when you're near there's such an air of spring about it
I can hear a lark somewhere begin to sing about it
There's no love song finer but how strange the change from major to minor
Everytime we say goodbye


It's De-Lovely isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home