Monday, November 27, 2006

new news!

I've decided to post interesting news every Monday. Starting this week, the article is from NY Times posted on Monday November 27, 2006

Headline: Seeking Executive to Tame the Digital Future

The article reported that there’s been a stampede of change involving the top Internet executives at big media company. For example, AOL, Time Warner, Rupert Murdock of News Corporation and CBS. I guess the changing is somewhat related to the ever-growing of the Internet. Looking at job description, I was wondering who have the ability to take all the stuff one company produce for other formats, like TV, print, or film, and figure out how to shovel it onto the Internet in a way that makes money. Chief Digital Office (CDO), if there is one, really needs to have an enormous vision in a way that no one has before. Putting content up into the website is super easy; I can do it. But making money (revenues--I am sick of this word) out of them is a different story and yet more difficult. Multiplatform is a big concern in most, I’d say all, companies now. Of course, users expect to get more when they consume the product; Oh hey look! I subscribe to the magazine and I get free access to the site (in order to get more content than other people), be able to download some content to my iPod and listen to it while I am in the bathroom. More content, more power ;-)

Digital media just make your life easy, really?

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ploy, I read your blog, but did not proof read it. Post more!
--Alice

 
At 2:46 PM, November 27, 2006, Blogger coldploy said...

sure Alice. I will post more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home