Monday, March 05, 2007

Career Wisdom

I am despair verging on the job hunting. It's been 2 months now and I got nothing. I've had couple interviews but they are all turned me down. What did I do wrong?

For those of you who also face this problem, job hunting could take forever. I know of couple friends who took four or up to six months to get a job. Therefore, I shouldn't be giving up my hope yet and keep looking--like Johnny Walker keeps walking ;)

For those of you who think what the hack I am doing here. Am I wasting my time and talent on this stuff when I could be doing things that are so much more important? This Career Wisdom book have answered these questions.

NO, you are not wasting your time. Starting at the bottom has a purpose: to prepare you for the middle and, eventually, the top. This lead another question for me; is this what I want to do?

There are two inspiring quotes I got from the book;
Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is enlightenment.

You can't possibly know what career is best for you if you do not first figure out what you want, what you are good at, what is important to you, and what makes you tick.

And a quote from my favorite poet, Friedrich Neitzsche;
That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

2 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, March 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheer up Ploy, Be happy!

Wansao

 
At 7:50 AM, April 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fight fight !!! sweety...

miss u so much naa...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home