Sunday, December 03, 2006

Brooklyn Museum


Second time to Brooklyn Museum. This time I enthusiastically wanted to see Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer’s Life, 1990-2005. I know her from P’O, one of my friend’s friends, who works for her several years ago. Let me remind you, her acclaim work is the portrait of pregnant Demi Moore (the real photos is awesome.) The exhibition room seems to look too small to fit her valuable works of more than 200 photographs. Not mention people who flock to the 5th floor to see her works. I have seen her several published books and been admiring portraits of celebrities and public figures. She says, “I don’t have two lives. This is one life, and the personal pictures and the assignment work are all part of it.” Going to this exhibition is like looking through all her works in one place, plus her personal life photos I haven’t seen before. Read review from Time Out New York.

Ploy says, “I don’t have two lives either. So I’d say RECOMMENDED!!!”


Ron Mueck’s exhibition is great as well. He is the sculptor from Australia. His work either smaller than life-size or monumental (like pictured here, you can see real human compared to the sculpture.) are so lifelike—with veins, wrinkles, sagging skin and body hair. Oh well, I wouldn’t be surprised if these sculptures actually breathe and blink their eyes. There are the videos showing the procedure of how he does his works which is pretty cool too. They said there are eleven works shown here in the museum. I am trying to think what I have seen there; (1) a giant infant, (2) Dead Dad, (3) Mask II (self portrait), (4) Wild Man (a nearly nine-foot-tall sculpture of a naked, bearded man, (5) a guy in a boat, (6) a fat guy sitting at the corner, (7) a sleeping couple, (8) a guy on the wall, (9) a face of an African-American girl, (10) In Bed (pictured here), (11) two old ladies. Oh wow, I had all 11.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Wittaya Pasuk said...

Your writing skill is amazing! You should write reviews (movies, music etc.) and sent them to Bangkok Post or The Nation. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home