Monday, April 09, 2007

Gym Scam!

Question: have you ever seen some girls carrying their gym bags around while they are working out?

Here is the reason why:
I've been going to the gym for couple months now. Sometimes after work, sometimes on Weekends--depends on my schedule. This past Saturday I only had half an hour of working out--after spending all morning and early afternoon having fun. I got there, changed and put my gym bag in the locker and left. After running for about 20 minutes, I went back to women’s locker room and found out that I forgot to lock my locker. Opening the door, I was about to pass out. Unsurprisingly, my gym bag was gone. There were only my pants and shirt hanging in there. My head was hot. My heart was exploded. My ears were burned and couldn’t hear any sounds. I feel like I was strongly hit by my own stupidity. What are inside that gym bag were my iPod, my cell phone, my wallet, my house’s keys and my life!

I talked to the manager and couple people who worked there. With some helps from lovely friends, I managed to calm down and arranged to deal with this disaster. I went back to the locker room and was looking around. All of the sudden, my eyes caught at this familiar lock. I looked at the back of the lock and said oh shit this IS my lock. Undoubtedly, I put my combination, opened the door and there you go! My gym bag! I was looking thorough my own stuff and realized that all the inner bags and pockets were opened and only my wallet was gone. Fortunately, I’ve never been carrying lot of money since I have no money :) However, I still have to cancel my credit and debit cards.

Unbelievably, this tragedy happened with other two girls at the same period of time. However, these two girls had their lock on. This SOB must have unlocked it and taken everything from the lockers. Poor them. It doesn't matter if you have your lock on. Your stuff would be stolen anyway.

What would the gym do to prevent this catastrophe? Having eye-scanned locker?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home