Saturday, July 07, 2007

Friday Night at Coney Island

I barely remember last time I went to Coney Island. However, I still remember last year my former coworker told me to go see the fireworks at Coney Island on Friday night. Who would imagine? One year has already gone. So off I go.

Who would have known? Cyclone Rollercoaster have been operated by Astroland Park since 1927. This year they celebrate 80th anniversary. Its tiny seat can’t even fit typical Americans these days. The amazing thing is its steel track, which is on almost entirely wood structure. That first loop almost made me sick!

Wonder Wheel is not just an ordinary wheel. There are 2 types of passenger cars: one is stationary and another one is swinging. Of course, as brave as I am, I got in the swinging one. I have to say this; it was pretty scary because the car rolled along tracks within the wheel’s structure at 150 foot high. And it rolled back and forth…back and forth…like it would never stop. I forgot to enjoy a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean, the Jersey Shore and the NYC Skyline. Damn it.


And the highlight of the evening—the fireworks. We sat on the beach next to the area the fireworks were ignited. It was so close. I felt like the fireworks would come down to me. I liked the big one which when it was up in the sky, they would have small fireworks moving around. The screamers were pretty remarkable too. I really enjoyed watching it, better than fireworks on forth of July.

Spectacular!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, July 08, 2007, Blogger Excalibur said...

Sounds like a great night. Enjoy it. They are about to turn that area into condoville and a fancy all-year amusement park--which will probably cost a million dollars to get in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home