Thursday, February 07, 2008

Tucson Day 3


David called me when I was getting dress. He asked if I would want to have breakfast at the hotel or a bagel and a coffee from the same place. You know what my answer was! He picked me up at 7:30 am. I had breakfast in the car. One of the guys still got sick and had not been able to work. Oh great! We were short-staffed. They wouldn’t consider me useful because I know nothing about colored stones. However I would be a good labor helping them setting up the booth.

The show officially started at 10:00. Dealers, buyers kept coming in. Some stopped by asking for the price, looking at stones and buying them. I was introduced to more people. Great! More faces to match names. Some customers came with light on their head, looked very seriously. Some customers could be mobile booths themselves, considering how many pieces of jewelry they wore. This was interesting: an Aussie girl kept saying, “This stone doesn’t call out my name.” wondering if I had jeweler’s eyes, would a piece of stone be calling my name?

It was not easy finding food here. It’s either junk or is expensive. I walked out of the hall and found a medium-sized van in which Thai food was sold. But the line was incredibly long. So I walked back inside and got tuna sandwich instead. It was cost $7. I ate half of it because I knew I’d have a second hit later.

My boss who got sick came almost at the end of the day helping us putting everything back to the safe. Tonight’s dinner was at Thai restaurant. I was introduced to an old friend of my boss’s. Food was okay, I wouldn’t say it was that good. It was more like Americanized, or perhaps it was not Thai at all. I hadn’t had Thai food in two days so I couldn’t compliant much. The company, on the other hand, was extraordinary. Really loved it.

Second day of the show should be much easier. We’ll see.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, February 08, 2008, Blogger sukthawee said...

When someone is in love with you one day a piece of (white)stone will call your name. forget the aussie lady.

 
At 9:01 AM, March 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U look like ur mom a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home