Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tucson Day 4

I had 15 minutes more this morning. Actually, not really. We left the hotel around 7:30 to get a bagel and coffee at the same shop. We set up the booth pretty quickly. We slightly rearranged the display. One of the special lights we used was not working .so I had to go to another exhibition to get a new one. There was another Gem show across the street. The display and atmosphere was very different; much more laid-back and less expensive stuff were to be sold. I saw a couple of exhibitor from Bangkok, Thailand but they were not Thai people; they were Indian I believe.

The light bulb that my boss thought broken was working just fine. So I had to come back empty handed. On the way back to the booth, I took photos of Arizona police officers who were wearing shorts. After seeing two bicycles parked on the sidewalk, I was asking, “Are you really a police? Or are you just a bicyclist who’s wearing a police uniform? They were laughing and said that they were asked the same question all day long.

Tonight, after everything locked up, we went directly to a party organized by ICA-International Colored Stones Association—at Arizona Inn. Surrounded by people from this business, I felt completely like a stranger. It raises the serious question: what am I doing here? Is it really what I want to do? David and I sneaked out in the middle of the party because we were starving. My other boss was already at the steakhouse with a good friend of his whose booth is next to us. A piece of medium-rare filet mignon and two glasses of Cabinet was a perfect combination. I had a piece of Tucson toilet art showing here too.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, February 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ทำอะไรอยู่

 

Post a Comment

<< Home